Welcome to Year 5's class page
On this page we will be adding details about all the exciting things that Year 5 get up to...
- In English we are learning to write explanation texts (instructions).
- Our class book is The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- In Maths we are learning about number and place value (counting, sequencing, negative numbers, rounding and roman numerals).
- Our History topic is entitled, "Was the coming of the railways the greatest change ever to happen in Britain?"
- In Come and See the children are working through the topic entitled, "Ourselves."
- Our Science topic is about properties of materials.
- PE lessons are on Monday and Wednesdays (please ensure that your bring your full kit).
Spellings are given on Monday and due back on Friday for our spelling test.
Maths is given on Monday and due back on Friday.
Reading is given on Monday and due back the following Monday.
The optional homework this half term is to research the influence of trains on art, music, film and literature. This links to our current History topic.