Welcome to Year 3!
- Weekly spelling tests take place each Friday.
- P.E Kits are needed in school on Monday.
- Homework is given out every Friday and will consist of English, Spellings and Maths. Times Tables are ongoing, so keep learning them! By the end of Year 3, you will need to know the 2, 3, 5, 4, 8 and 10 times tables, but if you want to learn the rest, that would be great! Homework should be returned to school by the following Monday or Tuesday morning. Homework is a vital part of your child's studies as it helps to reinforce what they are studying within the class or targets areas for improvements.
- Your child also needs to read regularly at home. They are provided with a school reading book to help with this, please record your reading with your child in their reading record.
- Who will earn Pen Licence?
||What are we learning about...
||David Walliams and Letter Writing
||Looking at more effective ways to solve problems
||Produce, publish and edit media
||Landscape drawing and painting
||What makes the Earth angry?
There are a number of ways you can help your child with their studies this year:
- Practice multiplication tables
- Give your child real life problems to solve, when out shopping, catching a bus, or just walking down the street. For example - bus numbers What is double 17? Would you round 19 up, or down to the nearest 10?
- Read regularly at home with your child. Ask them questions about the text and get them to answer in full sentences instead of just one word.
- Encourage your child to complete homework.
- Write a story, description, diary entry about their day. This will help improve your child's handwriting as well as improving the content of their writing. Help them to rehearse each sentence before they write it, to check it makes sense. Remember those finger spaces, capital letters and relevant punctuation.